Neilans

This Blog is actually just an excuse for me to have a place to post a few of my myriad and always growing collection of photos! And, a way to keep my family and friends up to date on our activities.

Saturday, March 11, 2006

Birds, birds, birds ... Well, I got John to go with me to Eagle Lakes Park, and we saw all the birds I had promised him: egrets, the roseate spoonbill, glossy ibises (ibi?), lots of anhingas and cormorants and the bald eagle. The eagle even flew down off the tall tree snag and plucked a wriggling fish from the lake, then flew to a nearby sandbar (mudbar?) to begin munching on it. John also spotted the obligatory alligator sunning himself. I knew there had to be one (there is almost always at least one in every body of water in this part of the state) and sure enough, there he was. He was a good sized beasty, too. The website won't let me upload any photos today, but I will try again tomorrow.

1 Comments:

  • At 3:20 PM, Blogger Tracy said…

    Wow - Eagle Lakes Park sounds really fantaastic. How awesome to even see the eagle catch dinner.

    Looking forward to the pics.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home