Neilans

This Blog is actually just an excuse for me to have a place to post a few of my myriad and always growing collection of photos! And, a way to keep my family and friends up to date on our activities.

Friday, April 28, 2006

Interesting Dreams

I have always been blessed with a very active subconscious imagination, and last night I enjoyed another pleasant diversion. In my dream, I was seated on a backyard swing; one with a wooden seat, suspended by long ropes from a piece of lumber spanning the space between two tall trees. I twisted the ropes into a tight spiral, as I had done many times in my childhood. I could feel the anticipatory tingle in my gut as I braced myself for a moment before launching myself into a thrilling, exhilarating spin. I was acutely aware of so many physical and physiological sensations: the incredible rush of adrenaline, the touch of the warm summer air across my cheek, even my hair swinging off to one side of my face as the ropes quickly unwound. Such fun!

1 Comments:

  • At 12:16 AM, Blogger Tracy said…

    That's a great dream, and a great post - we felt like we were swinging with you.

    I think dreams and the subconscious are very significant; I decided to check the symbolism of the swing in a dream, and it bodes well:

    Something that is allowed freedom of expression
    The ebb and flow of life, tuning into life’s rhythms, being in the swing of things
    Something that is fully operational, in full swing

    You're going to have a great day.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home