Neilans

This Blog is actually just an excuse for me to have a place to post a few of my myriad and always growing collection of photos! And, a way to keep my family and friends up to date on our activities.

Sunday, September 30, 2007

Garmin's Pretty Face



This is John's portable GPS system. We can move it from one car to the other, or even to someone else's, easily. The three little weighted feet hold it steady even on our curvy dashboard. There are a number of modes for the display; map, written directions, both, etc. She talks to us, which is what makes her so very useful when just one person is in the car; that way you don't have to really look at the screen very often.

Oh, BTW, we refer to it as "She" because we have selected a woman's voice from a number of choices.

We didn't spring for the option that would tell us in real time of traffic delays, etc on the road ahead. However, she will find for us the nearest gas stations, restaurants, motels, etc., up to about a 50 mile radius ... by name, type, whatever.

She is not connected to any satellite radios or anything, which is what makes her so simple and easy to use. No monthly fees, either.

I got her for John for his 60th birthday, but I think I like her even more than he does ... mainly because I've been doing a lot more solo driving on long trips lately.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home