Neilans

This Blog is actually just an excuse for me to have a place to post a few of my myriad and always growing collection of photos! And, a way to keep my family and friends up to date on our activities.

Saturday, February 28, 2009

More about Lake Avalon












The trail around the lake is about a mile and a quarter long. It winds around through mangroves and live oaks, and beside marshy areas, creeks and ponds. With sunshine and shadow and a wide variety of birds, it makes for a lovely walk, especially in our winter sunshine.
The parking lot is adjacent to the butterfly garden, complete with a man-made waterfall and pond. This is where I find the smaller song birds.



1 Comments:

  • At 5:53 PM, Blogger Tracy said…

    It looks so gorgeous there. I especially love the photo of the large bird (is it a heron?).

     

Post a Comment

<< Home