Neilans

This Blog is actually just an excuse for me to have a place to post a few of my myriad and always growing collection of photos! And, a way to keep my family and friends up to date on our activities.

Thursday, May 24, 2007

Birdwatching with Aunt Sandy



OK, so I should've put the pix in reverse order. Anyway, Sandy and I went with her bird group on a watching walk last week. We saw a bald eagle with a young one in the nest, lots and lots of great blue herons and their nests on the power towers below the dam, an osprey on her nest, and more kinds warblers than I would've ever believed were in the trees in the park across the river.
It was a lovely day to be tromping around outside, and our leader was excellent. He spotted the birds for us and then told us all about them. Great day.

3 Comments:

  • At 7:53 PM, Blogger Team Sharma said…

    I love the herons on the tower. I've never seen so many so close together.

     
  • At 10:08 PM, Blogger John L. Trapp said…

    That's an interesting adaptation of Great Blue Herons to a cell tower in their midst.

     
  • At 4:37 AM, Blogger Tracy said…

    Awesome pics - sound like a great day, and how lucky to be able to see such a variety of birds.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home