Neilans

This Blog is actually just an excuse for me to have a place to post a few of my myriad and always growing collection of photos! And, a way to keep my family and friends up to date on our activities.

Thursday, March 19, 2009

"Wicked"

We thoroughly enjoyed our foray into Ft. Myers to the Barbara B. Mann Performing Arts Theatre to see "Wicked." The play is a prequel to the familiar, standard "Wizard of Oz," and tells the story of Glinda "the Good," and Elphaba "the Wicked Witch of the West" from birth to boarding school (as roommates) and on up to the part where Dorothy's Kansas house falls on Nessarose, the "other" witch.
Lots of great costumes, interesting special effects (rather low tech but appropriate for the venue) and of course fun music.
We started the evening with dinner out with Cliff and Marilyn, then the musical, then home again before midnite. Lovely old-folks-style outing.

Side note: I had blogged this earlier, but just realized it went under Sheela's blog page instead of my own. No idea how I got those two blogs rearranged on my main page, but so it goes for me!

2 Comments:

  • At 6:14 PM, Blogger Team Sharma said…

    The most recently updated blog percolates to the top but I didn't think she'd made any updates lately.

     
  • At 6:43 PM, Blogger Tracy said…

    I heard that got excellent reviews - I'll have to see it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home