Neilans

This Blog is actually just an excuse for me to have a place to post a few of my myriad and always growing collection of photos! And, a way to keep my family and friends up to date on our activities.

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Florida

Yep, I'm still down here, but not working quite so hard this week ... John flew down and we are enjoying just hanging out together.

We had dinner one evening last week at a wonderful restaurant that is part of a hotel on the beach. We ate on the balcony overlooking the swimming pool in the foreground and the Gulf of Mexico just beyond that. Gorgeous.

Then last night we went out to a local Irish Pub-type place, where the price of dinner included music by the "dueling pianjos" ... a banjo and a keyboard. They played without stopping for 2 1/2 hours or more. Old music, but the kind that everyone in the room (John figures he was the youngest one there) could sing along with (and knew the words to.)

I haven't touched my camera for awhile -- trying to keep the writing side of the brain in active mode, which necessitates putting almost everything else in stand-by.

1 Comments:

  • At 3:45 AM, Blogger Tracy said…

    The dinners out sound great. I love Pub-ish places, and the live band must have been a treat.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home