Neilans

This Blog is actually just an excuse for me to have a place to post a few of my myriad and always growing collection of photos! And, a way to keep my family and friends up to date on our activities.

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Busy, busy

We are still here, alive and kicking, even tho I haven't written lately.

I participated in a three-day tennis event in Knoxville (State level for Super Seniors - over 60 years of age.) Our team didn't win, but we did have a good time. I played in two of the four matches.

It's actually quite amusing to see the players as they approach the courts. Too many knee and ankle braces to count, and many of us - me included - look too darned frail to even walk up the stairs to the registration desk, let alone actually run around on the courts. However, it is inspiring to see these "old farts" playing hard!

I took photos for a friend at her recent wedding. It has been time consuming, but fun, to go thru the literally hundreds of pix, cropping and deleting and lightening and generally "fixing up" quite a few of them. Then, of course, the laptop (our "good" computer) refused to acknowledge the CD in the drive that I wanted to copy them onto so I could give them to her. It actually did something negative to several of the discs, making them forever unusable.

So, I copied them onto our external drive and hooked it up to my older desktop. It groans and moans and freezes up, but I finally got it to copy the pix onto a CD for her.

During all this - both the tennis and the 'puter work - I've been having various problems with my eyes / contacts / glasses. A bit of blurry vision, but not during any of the really important moments, just off and on. Much better now, by the way.

John and I also cleared out the closet beneath the stairs and painted sealer on the subflooring, then put down "peel and stick" 12 inch square vinyl tiles. Looks a hundred times better, and will be much smoother surface and thus easier to clean.

Photos will follow, when I can see again without squinting!

2 Comments:

  • At 10:18 AM, Blogger Team Sharma said…

    Get somebody to check out your eye complaints. Congrats on surviving and enjoying the tournament!

     
  • At 5:31 PM, Blogger Tracy said…

    It sounds like you have been really busy - but sounds good.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home