Neilans

This Blog is actually just an excuse for me to have a place to post a few of my myriad and always growing collection of photos! And, a way to keep my family and friends up to date on our activities.

Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Swamp MuckAbout

I took a one-day break from the writing and took myself down into the Big Cypress Swamp on Monday. It is techncially adjacent to the Everglades, altho it looks and acts just the same.

One weekend a year they offer guided swamp walks. Rather tame, because all the gators and snakes hear the crowds and make themselves scarce -- but I liked it that way! I'm not terribly inclined to walk in the swamp waters by myself. We were in there for over an hour, and I loved every minute.

The water is always flowing, and it is almost crystal clear. In the photos it shows as sort of cloudy, but that's because all of us (in groups of about 20) are stirring up the bottom. When we stood still for any length of time, the water cleared up again quite quickly.

Quite a change from the Smokies, eh?

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home